China and the Middle East: The Quest for Influence | Sage Publications | 1999
- Edited by P.R. Kumaraswamy
- Page: 228
- Publisher: Sage Publications India Pvt. Ltd. (1999)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 8170368472
- ISBN-13: 978-8170368472
1. Introduction/P.R. Kumaraswamy.
2. China and Israel: normalisation and after/P.R. Kumaraswamy.
3. Chinese-Palestinian relations/William W. Haddad and Mary Foeldi-Hardy.
4. China and Iraq: a stake in stability/John Calabrese.
5. Sino-Turkish relations: preparing for the next century/Mehmet Ogutcu.
6. Sino-Pakistan relations and the middle east/Samina Yasmeen.
7. China’s middle east strategy/Barry Rubin.
8. Chinese arms exports to Iran/Bates Gill.
9. Chinese policies on arms control and proliferation in the middle east/Gerald Steinberg.
10. China and proliferation: implications for India/Ashok Kapur.
11. China’s economic relations with the middle east: new dimensions/Yitzhak Shichor.
12. The middle Kingdom meets the middle east: challenges and opportunities/David Dewitt. Select bibliography. Index.
“China has evolved a complex Middle East policy in recent years which is now an integral part of its great power aspirations. Comprising original contributions from well known scholars, this absorbing volume examines China’s relations with key players in the region as also the impact of its Middle East policy on interactions with the USA and the UN among others.
About of the book links: